The Friends of Southern Lehigh Public Library (FSLPL) is an association of individuals who share a common interest: the well-being and financial stability of the library. Friends’ fundraising efforts and their volunteer activities help to ensure that the library’s collections and services will continue to meet the needs of the community that it serves, Upper Saucon Township, Coopersburg and Lower Milford Township.
In 2007 Joseph and Sandra Andreucci co-founders of FSLPL organized a group of dedicated individuals from each of the locally served communities Their purpose was and remains to guide the organization’s efforts to increase an awareness of the library, and to encourage support and use of the Southern Lehigh Public Library.
The Friends governing board consists of president, vice-president in charge of membership, vice-president in charge of programming, secretary, treasurer and members at large in Upper Saucon Township, Coopersburg and Lower Milford Township.
- Sponsor cultural activities at the library, such as story telling, dramatic skits, and musical programs
- Provide programs of interest
- Provide financial gifts to the library in support of its services. During the economic crisis this has been crucial. In 2010 SLPL underwrote the library’s summer reading program
- Provide financial gifts to the library so that it can purchase equipment and important materials which might exceed the library’s budget.
- Sponsor Miller Blood Drives
- Help with library mailings and newsletters
FSLPL meets the first Monday of each month (unless a holiday, then rescheduled for the following Monday) at 7:00pm in the library meeting room. All library patrons and interested persons are welcome to attend.